Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The furthest place from here.

So, here's my first post from the road. I'll start from the show on friday night at the church.
SO, Mike, Evan, Lore and I went down to the verse/have heart show at the church in philly on friday night, and got there a little late, no biggie, just missed foundation. Everyday dollars played, I went outside, then Verse went on and killed it, best set of the week, easily. Have Heart was up next, and the night before I had asked Pat if they played the intro from the demo anymore, he responded by asking their guitarist if he wouldn't mind playing it tomorrow (friday), he said he didn't, I was stoked. So they opened with some other song, played a bunch, then the second to last song was the intro, and about 3 notes in, I immediately got on the stage, dove into a bunch of people, and moshed/slipped around for a minute and a half. After their set, Evan told me 2 things, 1) I was the only person moving during the intro, and Pat said 'this one's for Brad'  haha, it fucking ruled.
So me and Lore went back to reading, and got my shit together, and headed out around 4:30 towards Pittsburgh. Got there around 10am, picked up the rental car, and it was off to columbus OH to visit JVD. Got there, hung out with him, swam, and then it was off to Chicago to pick up our final road mate, Andrew Mcardle. Got there around 2, got some food at this vegan-ish diner, and were sleeping by 3…finally. 
Left Chi-town around two to depart for St. Louis MO. We got there around 7, saw the arch and walked around the downtown area kinda, it's a really nice city, got some sweet pictures, and a parking ticket, and were back on the road a little after 10. I took the rest of the driving to about Springfield MO, at about 3am, where we crashed in the car after eating at a truck rest stop, I got 3 pancakes and these awesome home fries, the syrup was really runny though, which stunk. Got an unsatisfying 2 hours of sleep, and got back on the road.
Andrew took this leg, from Springfield area to just short of Texas. We got some subway along the way and I picked up the driving from there all the way through Texas, and about halfway through New Mexico. New Mexico was stunning. 
I didn't shower or change today, monday, so all these pics look like they are from the same day…they aren't.

So here are some pics!

West Virginia!

pics to come soon, the wi fi here at whatever hotel we are at, is stupid!

No comments: