Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A sad day

So The First Step broke up and played their 'last' show this past weekend. Truly one of the best bands around, just really solid dudes, playing straight forward positive hardcore. Never had a bad time at any of their shows, throughout the years, was always amped to see them, and never let down. It's crazy to think that 5 years ago Cold Like December was playing shows with them in Easton, 5  years ago. The crowd at the show was just a perfect mix of people, not one bad apple it seemed. Everyone looked out for each other, no bullshit, just caring, honesty, the edge, and dedication, haha. It's only been a few days, and I'm still bummed that I won't see them play again.
Well, I guess that's how things go. Anyways, a bunch of people stayed at my house after the show, 3 people from boston, and 5 from canada, and evan, ahah. They were all super cool, and we pretty much just talked about hardcore and everything related until about 430, which is alright in my books. The next day (sunday) I took the canadians to vegan treats, they were all vegan, I believe. They were way into it, then I showed them how to get to the highway, and hung with Jay, and tossed the ol' frisbee around. 
This week is really quiet at work, which is nice, I'm making evan a few zines to save him a couple bucks at kinkos, so that's keeping me busy. There's talk of both a project x cover band and earth crisis cover band this halloween, and I'm hoping to be porcelly, I'd be way into it.
Other than that, just itching to get snowboarding. and I got a new phone, the lg dare.

It's pretty sweet. that's it.
A new giant opens tomorrow morning, I'm gonna try to check it out before work and hopefully get some free shit.

No comments: